The Human Body & Water
Our bodies contain approximately 55% to 78% water. In short, 2/3rds of the body consists of this vital element. The organs and tissues in the human body comprise of water and this is why it is crucial for all of us to ensure we drink sufficient amount of water for a healthy life. Water serves a number of functions in the body and some of them are listed below-
- Water helps in the transportation of oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Aids metabolism
- Protects vital organs
- Provides moisture to the air in the lungs
- Controls body temperature
- Eliminates toxins from the body
- Protects and provides moisture to body joints
Advantages of Drinking Water
From the above, it is evident that you should drink enough water to aid optimal body functioning and organ protection. It is advised you must consume 8-12 glasses of water every day. Drinking water has the following benefits:
- Weight loss – Water has zero calories and suppresses hunger. It has the ability to break down the by-products of fat.
- Natural remedy for headaches – Many people are not aware of the fact that dehydration can trigger headaches. Drinking water alleviates headaches.
- Aids digestion –Water and fiber work together to aid easy bowel movement from the body.
- Eliminates constipation– Metabolism is better when you drink sufficient water daily.
- Makes you look younger –Skin elasticity is enhanced when you drink water. You look younger and the skin becomes healthy.
- Alleviates fatigue –Toxins and waste products are easily flushed out from the system. If you lack water in the body, the heart needs to work very hard for oxygenating the cells. It becomes exhausted and you feel the fatigue.
- Lesser sprains and cramps- Water lubricates body joints and reduces cramps.
- Reduces cancer risks –Drinking sufficient amount of water reduces the risks of cancer of the colon and the bladder.
Discover Signs Of Dehydration
Doctors warn if the body is dehydrated by even 20%, this will result in death. It is important for you to find out if you are drinking enough water for a high quality life. The following are some indications your body needs more water-
- Yellow or dark urine
- Dry Skin
Improve Your Health- Drink Sufficient Water